Aylesbury residents warned about dangerous product which melts and electrocutes user

People in Aylesbury are being urged to get rid of a power supply unit after its wires have been found to melt and also give users an electric shock

Monday, 23rd November 2020, 12:53 pm
Updated Monday, 23rd November 2020, 12:56 pm

Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service tweeted today (Monday) about the European Commission's (EC) safety report into the DC Power Supply Unit, which demands that the Chinese product be taken off the online marketplace immediately.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The EC's report reads: "The earth connection is inadequate. The earth wire and the insulation melt when electrical current is applied. A user may touch live parts and receive an electric shock."

To view the report, visit the website here.

The unit in question