On July 7, 1921, the Aylesbury Sports Club Ground (later becoming the Vale Park) was the venue for the Bucks Police Sports.
More than 1,000 people turned out to watch the various events that lasted about five hours.
Pictured above is the Central Division (Aylesbury) tug-of-war team who came second in the final, having been beaten by the Southern Division (Slough).
In the front row are PC Dillow, PC Clarke, Supt Wootton, PC Hickman and Sgt Newman.
In the back row are Sgt Roberts, PC Baughan, PC Johnson, Sgt Sturt, PC Hanson and PC Bragg.
The photograph was taken in the grounds of the Police Station on Exchange Street.
The terraced houses in the background were demolished in the 1960s and stood roughly where the pelican crossing at the Walton Street end is today.