Gatwick named most chaotic airport in Europe - full list includes Manchester & Antalya
and live on Freeview channel 276
London Gatwick has been named the most chaotic airport in Europe this summer, a new study has found. The research, conducted by passenger rights company, Airhelp, looked at flight delays and cancellations in European airports with the Sussex-based airport topping the list and Manchester International Airport also entering the top 10.
The findings were based on the number of delays of more than 15 minutes and flight cancellations in June at European airports with 5,000 or more flights that month. Gatwick airport was found to be the most ‘chaotic’ in Europe this summer, with 54% of its flights disrupted.
Although the study was based on June data, Gatwick made headlines again on Monday (July 26) after at least 70 flights were cancelled, blaming the chaos on staff shortages in the airport control tower and weather disruptions.
As two UK airports made it to the list with Manchester airport coming at number eight, Türkiye and Italy also have two airports each that made the most chaotic airports list. Other airports in the list included those in popular European cities like Lisbon, Copenhagen and Paris.
The most chaotic airports in Europe - top 10
- London Gatwick Airport, England
- Lisbon Humberto Delgado Airport, Portugal
- Copenhagen Kastrup Airport, Denmark
- Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, France
- Antalya Airport, Türkiye
- Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen, Türkiye
- Rome Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci Airport, Italy
- Manchester International Airport, England
- Milano Malpensa Airport, Italy
- Frankfurt International Airport, Germany.