Watch: Christmas tree fire destroys a living room in under a minute

A house fire, most likely sparked by faulty Christmas tree lights, envelopes a living room in a shocking 46 seconds.

Tuesday, 15th December 2015, 1:50 pm
Warning over Christmas tree fires

The footage has been released by the Fire and Rescue Service with this safety message: “Fire Kills wants everyone to enjoy their Christmas. Check your Christmas tree lights are in good condition, turn them off before you go to bed and be safe at home over the festive season.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

“Keeping your tree well watered can also prevent fire from taking hold. Fire kills - you can prevent it. http://www.direct.gov.uk/firekills”

Warning over Christmas tree fires