Thames Valley police have issued a warning after increasing reports of catalytic converter thefts in the area.
A post on the TVP Aylesbury page said: "Over the last few weeks TVP Aylesbury have seen an increase in reports regarding theft of Catalytic Converters. - The Police are actively investigating these crimes."
They go on to suggest ways you can reduce your chances of your vehicles being targeted:
- Where possible, park in your garage
- Alternatively, park in a location that restricts access underneath your vehicle
- Consider security lighting
- If your catalytic converter is 'bolt on', you can have the bolts welded shut
- Consider the installation of CCTV to protect your vehicle
- Identify/etch your converter with a unique serial number and advertise that the vehicle has been protected.
If you see any suspicious behaviour in progress please call 999