Pet dog dies as family ‘lucky’ to escape Aylesbury home blaze

The gutted Friarscroft Way home
The gutted Friarscroft Way home

A pet dog has died after a man, woman and child were evacuated from a blaze which gutted a home, just days before Christmas.

The fire broke out in the lounge of the home in Friarscroft Way and flames spread throughout the whole house.

Sofas, tables and electrical items were destroyed by flames which filled the home as the family slept.

Two crews battled to control the fire and evacuated a man, a woman and a child at around 3.40am today but their pet dog died.

Bucks and Mk Fire tweeted to say the house was ‘severely damaged’ and the family was ‘lucky to escape’ because there were no smoke alarms.

A British Red Cross Fire and Emergency Support vehicle continues to provide support for the family.

Flames spread from the lounge upstairs

Flames spread from the lounge upstairs

Firefighters said the ground floor was 80 per cent damaged by fire.

More when we get it.

A support vehicle remains outside the Friarscroft Way home

A support vehicle remains outside the Friarscroft Way home