Late night wheelie bin fire causes lasting damage to property near Aylesbury

Firefighters have released advice on how to stop a similar fire affecting your home

By James Lowson
Tuesday, 18th January 2022, 4:35 pm
Updated Tuesday, 18th January 2022, 4:36 pm

An out-of-control wheelie bin fire caused damage to the windowsill and fence at a property in Stone.

On Monday night (January 17), hot ash in a wheelie bin caused a fire, which spread across the property damaging two fence panels and the windowsill.

A crew of Aylesbury firefighters were sent out in an engine at 11:49pm to the home in Warren Close.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

Bucks Fire and Rescue Service

The Bucks Fire and Rescue Service crew used a hose reel to extinguish the flames.

In the wake of the incident, a Bucks Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: "Please be aware that hot ash can melt a plastic bin or cause a fire.

"If you have an open fire, or use a barbecue, please empty ashes onto bare garden soil, not into dustbins or wheelie bins."