Kingsbury pub evacuated after fire

The Kingsbury pub, Aylesbury
The Kingsbury pub, Aylesbury

A busy town centre pub was evacuated last night after a fire in the flat above it.

Customers and staff at The Kingsbury pub in Kingsbury, Aylesbury were evacuated from the premises at just after 9.20pm last night after a fire broke out in the window frame of the home.

The evacuation came during the closing stages of Manchester City’s Champions League match against Barcelona and is believed to have been caused by a discarded cigarette.

Three appliances from Aylesbury attended the scene and firefighters used ladders and a toolkit to deal with the fire.