Unprovoked, savage Bicester Road baseball bat attack leaves man unable to work

A scaffolder has been left unable to work after a random attack on Bicester Road left him with broken bones in his arm.

Tuesday, 21st January 2020, 12:07 pm
Updated Tuesday, 21st January 2020, 12:07 pm
Aaron has been unable to work since the incident

Aaron Bramford was walking home from work on Bicester Road in December when two men jumped out of a car and attacked him with a baseball bat.

He was left with a fractured arm and a completely shattered olecranon bone.

The olecranon bone forms the tip of the elbow, and it is said to be an excruciating bone to break.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise


Aaron, who is a scaffolder cannot work while his arm is fractured, and is currently losing about £175 a day while he is out of action.

He has been under the knife twice, with two separate operations to reset his elbow and arm which was left in excruciating pain.

Aaron said: “The attack came out of nowhere.

“I was just walking down the Bicester Road when a car screeched to a halt in front of me, and two men got out.

Stitches after the operation

“I was on the way to buy some beer at the Applegreen garage on Bicester Road because it’s the only shop in the area that stays open late.

“One of them had a baseball bat and hit me four times, while the other one kicked and punched me.

“I tried my best to defend myself but it came out of nowhere and I couldn’t understand what was happening.”

Aaron says he has no idea why he was attacked, however from what he’s found out recently is that it was a case of mistaken identity.

He says he’s been caught up in someone else’s relationship issues.

Luckily for Aaron a member of the public was there to help him and call the police.

Aaron said the police couldn’t have been more helpful, and he owes them a debt of thanks.

He was rushed to hospital, where a doctor informed him that his arm was snapped in two, and he would no longer be able to work until it was repaired.

He said: “It was a really frightening attack. I was just so surprised because it came out of nowhere.

“This couldn’t have come at a worse time for me."

Thames Valley Police have issued the following statement on the incident.

“Officers were called to a report of an assault in Bicester Road, Aylesbury at around 12.30am on 23 December 2019.

“A woman and two men were assaulted by two other men.

“A 30-year-old man from High Wycombe was arrested on suspicion of theft, assault occasioning actual bodily harm, using threatening/abusive/insulting words/behaviours with intent to cause fear and criminal damage. He has since been released on bail.”

You can donate to Aaron’s go fund me here: https://bit.ly/2G948cr