Takeaway 'Sams of Aylesbury' closed indefinitely after cockroach infestation found
An Emergency Hygiene Prohibition Notice was served at popular takeaway 'Sam’s of Aylesbury', after a cockroach infestation was found at the restaurant on Cambridge Street.
An officer from Environmental Health was conducting a routine inspection on Tuesday 1 October found and 'active cockroach infestation' throughout the premises while it was being used as a takeaway.
AVDC applied to the magistrates’ court to have their action confirmed, which it was at a hearing on Wednesday 9 October, with the magistrate issuing an Emergency Food Hygiene Prohibition Order and awarding costs to AVDC against owner, Shahid Hussain, of £1,907.
The Order, banning the property for selling food, will stay in force until appropriate remedial measures have been undertaken and Environmental Health officers have reinspected the premises and are satisfied the risks have been controlled.
Sam’s of Aylesbury previously had a 1 star food hygiene rating, which means 'major improvements are necessary'. With the business currently not trading it has been removed from the Food Hygiene Rating Scheme.