On February 22, 1905 the Aylesbury and District Licensed Victuallers’ Association had their 21st annual dinner at the Bull’s Head Hotel in Market Square.
A licensed victualler is a more formal term for a pub licensee.
The evening consisted of various toasts to the health of the King (Edward VII), the rest of the Royal Family, the Imperial Forces and so on.
A few songs were also sung at the end of the evening.
In this photograph the men are gathered outside the Chandos Hotel on the corner of High Street and Exchange Street.
What a handsome bunch of chaps they look, showing off their best suits with an array of various walking sticks, hats and watch chains.
The Chandos was demolished in the early 1980s and replaced with the office block called 66 The Exchange which was recently occupied by AVDC.
The Bull’s Head has also since gone, having been demolished in 1969.
Hale Leys shopping centre is now on that site.