On 8th November 1900 an annual dinner and prize giving ceremony in connection with D Company of the 1st Bucks RVC (Rifle Volunteer Corps) was held at Aylesbury Town Hall.
The building was adjacent to the old Corn Exchange arches in Market Square.
As can be seen by this photograph it was a large building and had a finely detailed cast iron roof (the arches are seen above the flags).
Displayed on the walls are a few names in large white letters - James, Fellowes, Gray, Grimsdale, and out of view, Sirett. These were men from D Company who at the time were still fighting the Boer War in South Africa.
During the evening there were various toasts and speeches.
After the dinner everyone sang the National Anthem and at the close of the evening a selection of songs were performed by a small group of people.