On May 20 1950 a tornado ripped its way across a 15 mile stretch of Buckinghamshire during a thunder storm.
The tornado started by the Chilterns Hill at Wendover and quickly started on its destructive course.
Many of the buildings along the High Street had tiles blown from their roofs and a tree by the clock tower blew over, causing the road to be partially blocked for some time afterwards.
The George pub suffered badly as its roof was ripped apart.
Many people described the noise of the tornado as being worse than the Blitz.
This photograph was taken a few hours after the storm had passed and damage can be seen on the roof of the building on the left.
The fallen tree is by the vehicle in front of the clock tower. The tornado’s journey ended at Linslade.