On June 22, 1911 King George V was coronated and Aylesbury celebrated the day by having a foundation stone laying ceremony for the statue of John Hampden in Market Square.
Standing on the podium in the centre of view is James Griffin, the donor of the statue.
He was presented with a silver trowel and laid the foundation stone.
After this a time capsule was placed inside the structure which contained a coin, a coronation programme, a copy of the Bucks Herald and other documents.
After this the children sang Land of Hope and Glory accompanied by the Hazell Watson & Viney brass band.
They were then taken to the Town Hall and Market Hall for tea.
Elsewhere in the town the day was marked by swimming competitions in the canal basin and various other sporting events at Walton Grange.
What a wonderful day it must have been.