In 1910 the Mid Bucks Motor Cycling Club was started in Aylesbury.
There were very few members to begin with and in 1914 at the outbreak of the First World War all interest in the club was put on hold.
When the war was over membership grew to around 80 people.
This photograph from November 1922 shows members of the club in Market Square after having finished a speed trial.
The winner, G H Stevens won the Douglas Cup and a gold medal.
In second place and receiving a silver medal was Miss B Bates who is pictured second from right.
She apparently reached a speed of 64mph which must have been quite fast in those days.
Behind the riders is the Midland Bank (now HSBC).
The building was then just a year old.
The Crown Hotel on the corner has been featured a number of times on this page.
That building was pulled down in the late 1930s.