In 1972 Kingsbury lost one of its larger Victorian buildings.
This was the premises of the Aylesbury Motor Company.
The business moved into the building in about 1905, which was in the early years of the motor car.
Prior to that it was used by E T Mackrill who was a gas engineer.
The site of this building is quite historic as it is where the old Manor House was situated.
Parts of this old building were in existence as late as the 1870s as there is a reference in the Bucks Herald to an old oak fireplace in situ that belonged to it.
All traces of the building were lost when the new building went up, although looking carefully at this photograph, we can see a shape on the side wall of the neighbouring building.
It shows the old roof line that is similar to that of the Rockwood.
When the site was cleared work began on modern offices and shop units.