In 1897 Queen Victoria celebrated her Diamond Jubilee – her 60th year on the throne.
Everywhere up and down the country places were decorated with flags and bunting.
Here we see a view of Buckingham Street in Aylesbury.
This is near the end of the street where it meets Oxford Road, Bicester Road and Buckingham Road.
The building on the left with the welcome banner was Fisher’s butcher shop.
Beyond it is one of the town’s long lost pubs - the Red Cow.
This pub was there until the 1930s.
By that time the number of pubs in the town was in decline and even more disappeared in the 1960s.
In this view were two other pubs, the Three Tuns and the Plough, although they are not clearly visible.
This rural scene certainly has changed a lot as none of these old buildings survive today.