Buckingham Street in 1936.
The view is quite easy to recognise although many of the buildings seen here were later demolished and replaced.
On the left is Page’s bakery –over the years it had won many awards for its high-quality baking.
To its right is Sale Brothers grocers and the white building next to there is the Two Brewers pub.
On the opposite side of the street is Lucas’s corner shop.
This was a very old building that was demolished in the 1960s to widen the bottleneck that leads from Kingsbury.
The area left exposed the structure of the neighbouring buildings and after a time it became quite unsightly.
In the 1990s some new buildings were erected there and they fit in well with their surroundings.