Aylesbury apartment catches fire after tea towel is left on hob

Firefighters were called out to combat the blaze
Watch more of our videos on Shots! 
and live on Freeview channel 276
Visit Shots! now

An Aylesbury apartment was set alight when a tea towel was left on a switched on hob on Tuesday afternoon (January 24).

Bucks Fire and Rescue Service sent two fire engines to the scene to tackle the spreading blaze.

At roughly, 4:20pm the emergency responders were alerted to the fire which came from a flat in Pippin Road, Aylesbury.

Firefighters needed breathing apparatus and one hose reel to safely extinguish the flames.

Related topics: