Archive: First brick of last house in Bedgrove

1973
1973

Leslie Sell, the chairman of builders HC Janes Ltd, lays the first bricks of the last house to be built by the company on the Bedgrove estate in Aylesbury, in July 1973.

He had used the same silver trowel to lay the first brick of the first house in 1959.

With a total of 1,723 homes on the 300 acre site, Bedgrove was, at the time, the largest housing estate of its kind in Britain.