A devastated family is appealing to former workers from William Press & Sons Ltd in the Aylesbury area to help them find out where their father was exposed to deadly asbestos.
John Nicklen died from aggressive mesothelioma in December 2013 at the age of 73 after being exposed to asbestos dust and fibres.
Since John’s death his daughter and son, Daniela Taylor and Tristan Nicklen, have taken up their father’s fight for justice.
His family now need the help of former William Press & Sons Ltd employees who may have worked with John or know about the use of asbestos products by the public works contractor. During the 1970s the firm was involved in converting the UK’s housing stock from town gas to natural gas.
Tristan said: “Dad was employed by William Press between 1965 and 1966, and again between 1971 and 1973. He was involved in laying pipes in the countryside in and around Aylesbury. The pipes were made with asbestos and dad had to cut them to size to be laid. There was no doubt in his mind that the dust and fibres from cutting the asbestos pipes caused his lung cancer.”
Anyone who knew John and about the use of asbestos by William Press & Sons Ltd during the 1960s and 1970s can call Colin Tunstall on freephone 0800 043 6635 or firstname.lastname@example.org