Waddesdon Parish Council announce plan to 'transform village' with green space
As part of the Waddesdon Plan, they have announced a new 'green space' to the North of Frederick Street.
This is by the football pitches int he village.
A statement from the Parish Council said:
"Through sensitive public realm investment, the beautiful Buckinghamshire village of Waddesdon is seeking to improve the health and well-being of its residents, as well as enhancing the vibrancy of the local environment and inclusivity of its community.
"As part of the Waddesdon Plan 2020-24, the Parish Council, together with edge Urban Design, are excited to present a new vision for the green space to the north of Frederick Street, around the existing football pitches.
"The landscape-led concept celebrates Waddesdon’s community and all that is wonderful about Waddesdon by creating a new and improved green space for the whole village to enjoy."
The design for the space has been inspired by the recent pandemic, as the importance of green space, exercise and outdoor recreation helps us to navigate our ‘new normal’.
They say this 'exciting new vision' proposes:
• Transform the Children’s Centre into a Community Hub;
• Improve the external play area through landscaping, and including local artwork;
• Expand the car park at the Community Hub with spaces for Blue Badge holders;
• Introduce a 1km running track around the football pitch, to be surfaced with grasscrete making it wheelchair and pram friendly;
• Include outdoor fitness equipment along the fitness track, which could generate electricity for USB charging;
• Install new football floodlighting;
• Create a natural play area made using locally sourced fallen wood, and an additional play area for those with disabilities (DDA standard);
• Introduce a crazy golf course, trampolines, table tennis, and giant chequers;
• Create a wildflower meadow with picnic table seating and a grassy amphitheatre, for shows and classes such as yoga;
• Introduce a ‘sponsor a tree’ scheme at a Community Memory Garden;
• Create a nature trail, including new ponds and ‘insect hotels’;
• Introduce a communal herb garden and orchard adjacent to the allotments, including a ‘Share Shelf’ and barbecues (wheelchair and pram access);
• Include larger and more frequent bins and dog foul bins.
• Create a pram and a bicycle shed;
The Parish Council is currently holding a public consultation until 31st January 2021, asking residents what they would like to see in the space and they welcome input from any interested parties. For more information on the project, please contact Waddesdon Parish Council.
Please contact Melanie Rose, Clerk to the Parish Council by the following methods: