HS2 announce archeological works at Stoke Mandeville St Mary's Church after 3,000 'human remains' found
Works will begin in early September 2020 and be completed during summer 2021.
HS2 said they had to complete the following work ahead of the archaeological dig:
- Utility diversion work of Vodaphone
- Construction of a temporary access road to St Marys Church including temporary bridges
- Construction of a temporary site compound
- Construction of a temporary structure which will cover the burial site
- Removal of work temporary building, access road and compound
Bucks Archeological Society voiced their concerns about the exhumation of the bodies last year.
You can read all about that by clicking here. HS2 have told residents to expect:
- Construction of temporary access road, structures and bridges
- Site compound manned 24/7 with security lighting
- Single lane traffic management is required with temporary traffic lights control during the utility diversion works and the bell mouth construction
HS2 have warned there will be some additional traffic on the local road and noise from the plant equipment used for the works