Kickboxer Cook-ing up a treat in latest Waterside fight night
Kickboxing star Steven ‘the Pocket Rocket’ Cook will headline his latest big fight night when he takes on world tae kwon do champ Lee Hollingsworth at Aylesbury’s Waterside Theatre.
Cook is the top fight on the bill of his third Storm show fight night titled Thunderbolt.
He will take on Hollingsworth in the prestigious bout over six two-minute rounds and it offers the Pegasus gym owner the perfect platform for revenge.
“I fought Lee three years ago and lost,” Cook explained.
“He knocked me down in round three and I then knocked him down in round five but he beat me convincingly.
“I’m a much better fighter now and I obviously have a point to prove on my own show so losing isn’t an option!”
Another local fighter, Paul Morgan, is also competing at the event on March 3 as he takes on Dave Alfrey from Hastings.
Cook said Paul has the skill and fitness levels to winand that ‘big things were expected of him’.
Rising star at Cook’s Pegasus Gym Vasil Chonev, who is only 15 years old, is fighting a fellow teenager and will be looking to maintain his 100 per cent competitive record.
Cook is urging the people of Aylesbury to turn out in force for what promises to be an entertaining day.
“There will be a day show for light contact kickboxers from 10am-3pm and full contact night show for kickboxing, white collar boxing, k1 and MMA.
“The fight card is already stacking up nicely and is looking to be an amazing night, the show is only £25 for a standard ticket and last time we had over 600 people in the audience,” he said.
“Myself and Jo Collins set the Storm shows up to use as a platform for rising talent, Aylesbury is missing this opportunity for all kinds of sports and has alot of talent but very few outlets for it to blossom like we do.”
Tickets for Storm: Thunderbolt can be purchased directly from the Waterside Theatre.
- Blaze causes traffic standstill in Aylesbury
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Updated: Police seek key witness after motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Long Crendon
- Springhill runaway goes on crime spree
- Woman spared jail after admitting attacking another woman on night out in Aylesbury
- Awards scheme is launched by FSB in county
- Firefighters’ horseplay in town’s canal
- ‘We will definitely get some councillors elected’: UKIP confident ahead of county council elections as full list of candidates published
- Update: Missing man found
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Aylesbury
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west