MotoGP dates to change from June to August
Organisers of next year’s MotoGP are looking at moving the Silverstone race date from June to the end of August.
Today the sport’s governing body, the Federation Internationale De Motocyclisme, published its provisional 2013 racing calendar.
It shows the British Grand Prix will take place over four days between Thursday August 29 and Sunday September 1.
Half the Silverstone circuit runs through Aylesbury Vale and half through South Northants,
A spokesman for Silverstone said: “Cal Crutchlow and Bradley Smith will form an all-British rider line-up for the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 MotoGP team in 2013, while a host of other Brits are also linked with rides in the premier class – so Union Jack flags will be out in force.
“2013 will also see the return of nine-times World Champion Valentino Rossi to Silverstone.
“This time he will be back on a Yamaha, alongside former team mate and 2010 World Champion Jorge Lorenzo.
“Rossi’s return to Yamaha is highly anticipated, with the MotoGP legend expected to be challenging for more race wins and the world title in 2013.”
For more details visit www.silverstone.co.uk
- Revealed: Map showing flightpaths if new airport is built in Vale
- Aylesbury man charged with trying to incite child under 16 into sexual activity
- ‘I’m not prepared to do this job and drive 600 miles a week’: Police chief defends expenses and ‘chauffeur’
- Pub makeover (combined with a subtle name change) aims to repair reputation
- ‘She will be greatly missed’: Family’s tribute to grandmother killed in car crash
- UPDATED: Aylesbury councillor apologises for ‘murderous Tories’ Twitter slur
- Serial vandals burn memorial seating by Aylesbury canal
- Mistreated dog found nearly twice healthy weight is put to sleep
- Evergreen but never stuck in a rut: Alan Candy road tests the Suzuki Jimny
- Two Aylesbury men jailed following death of cyclist in Terrick
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Aylesbury
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 11 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North