Jackman ‘the first of many’ to return to the Magenta and Blacks?
Aylesbury this week confirmed the signing of former player Harry Jackman from local rivals Chinnor.
The 31-year old back row rejoins the Magenta and Blacks after spending six seasons with the club’s local rivals.
Jackman was a firm crowd favourite at Chinnor during their three promotions and hat-trick of County Cup wins. He officially joined the Aylesbury squad on Tuesday (October 2) and is expected to feature in the Southern Counties League fixture away at Buckingham on Saturday.
Head coach Dave Larham said: “We are delighted to welcome Harry Jackman back to Ostlers Field.
“Harry will add experience and leadership to our young squad and will be a very popular figure at Aylesbury with his all-action style and committed performances.
“We are entering this new and exciting era for our club.
“Jackman is just one of the many former players that we want to bring back to Aylesbury Rugby Club.”
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Chiltern Hills Rally revs back into action with record-breaking crowds
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Tetsworth
- Women revel in Race for Life at Waddesdon Manor
- New mayor of Aylesbury ‘made’ at special ceremony
- Two Aylesbury men jailed following death of cyclist in Terrick
- Evergreen but never stuck in a rut: Alan Candy road tests the Suzuki Jimny
- Tasty meal showcases good work of Aylesbury prison following ‘negative’ TV documentary
- Man sleeps rough to draw focus on plight of homeless
- UPDATED: Aylesbury councillor apologises for ‘murderous Tories’ Twitter slur
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Aylesbury
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North west