New signing has impeccable timing for Ducks boss
Ducks boss Tony Joyce said the signing of Shane Wood could not have been better timed after it coincided with defender Lee Bircham’s broken leg.
Wood, who can play anywhere across the back four, is the brother of club captain Jack.
The senior of the two, Shane has made 22 appearances for Dunstable Town this season, having rejoined for a third spell last season from Tring Athletic.
Joyce said the signing makes his squad ‘nice and strong’.
“Shane has been to a couple of pre-seasons with us but opted to stay with Dunstable, as he was very happy there,” he said.
“But we obviously know him very well through Jack and he said he would like to come and play so it couldn’t have been better timed really with Lee getting his injury.
“He’s a good player, can play across the defence and he makes us nice and strong.”
United’s match at Stotfold was snowed off last Saturday as was Wednesday’s proposed home game against Hertford. The home game against Haringey Borough on Saturday is also very doubtful, log on to the Duck’s website or see the Twitter feed @AylesburyUtdFC for updates on whether the match is going ahead.
- Revealed: Map showing flightpaths if new airport is built in Vale
- Aylesbury man charged with trying to incite child under 16 into sexual activity
- ‘I’m not prepared to do this job and drive 600 miles a week’: Police chief defends expenses and ‘chauffeur’
- Pub makeover (combined with a subtle name change) aims to repair reputation
- ‘She will be greatly missed’: Family’s tribute to grandmother killed in car crash
- UPDATED: Aylesbury councillor apologises for ‘murderous Tories’ Twitter slur
- Serial vandals burn memorial seating by Aylesbury canal
- Two Aylesbury men jailed following death of cyclist in Terrick
- Mistreated dog found nearly twice healthy weight is put to sleep
- Evergreen but never stuck in a rut: Alan Candy road tests the Suzuki Jimny
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Aylesbury
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 11 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North