It’s seventh heaven as goal-crazy Ducks stretch winning run to make Berks and Bucks Trophy quarter-finals
Aylesbury United boss stayed true to his word to ‘go for it in the cups’ as his side won a topsy turvy match at Sandhurst Town 6-3 to advanced to the quarter finals of the Berks and Bucks Trophy on Tuesday night.
Speaking ahead of the game, Joyce said he would be picking ‘as strong a team as possible’ and would be going for it in all competitions, after a disappointing campaign in the cups last year.
And United certainly did that bursting into a 2-0 lead through Ben Hammond and striker Louis Austin’s first goal for the club.
Some complacency set into United’s game, though, allowing the hosts to score twice in quick succession to draw level before the half-time.
The home comeback was complete after the break when Sandhurst edged in front on 58 minutes, but their lead only lasted a couple of minutes as Hammond scored again – this time from the penalty spot – to make it 3-3.
The all-important seventh goal went United’s way when Bircham delivered a peach of a free-kick and John Mulholland rose to guide the ball home.
There was still time for two stoppage time goals to give the scoreline the Ducks’ customary gloss as Austin ran riot late on netting a second after another Ben Baines goal.
It was Joyce’s side’s seventh straight victory in all competitions, fine form going into the club’s FA Vase home game against Kidlington on Sunday.
- Revealed: Map showing flightpaths if new airport is built in Vale
- Aylesbury man charged with trying to incite child under 16 into sexual activity
- ‘I’m not prepared to do this job and drive 600 miles a week’: Police chief defends expenses and ‘chauffeur’
- Pub makeover (combined with a subtle name change) aims to repair reputation
- ‘She will be greatly missed’: Family’s tribute to grandmother killed in car crash
- UPDATED: Aylesbury councillor apologises for ‘murderous Tories’ Twitter slur
- Serial vandals burn memorial seating by Aylesbury canal
- Two Aylesbury men jailed following death of cyclist in Terrick
- Mistreated dog found nearly twice healthy weight is put to sleep
- Evergreen but never stuck in a rut: Alan Candy road tests the Suzuki Jimny
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Aylesbury
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 11 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North