FC boss: ‘Sponsors can help the club to scale new heights’
Aylesbury FC boss Craig Faulconbridge says the club’s new sponsors can help push the team forward from next season.
Last week FC announced Aylesbury firm M&W Scaffolding had replaced Aylesbury Logisitcs as the club’s ‘major’ new shirt sponsor.
And Faulconbridge says he is excited for the future in the wake of the deal.
“The new sponsor is really exciting. We’ve got somebody that is committed to us,” he said.
“We probably won’t see the benefits until next season and the building process will start next season when I won’t be starting cold like this year.
“It’s great for the club.”
The Moles boss admitted there is a lot of football to be played before next season, though, particularly given that yet another spate of games have and will be called off due to the recent wintry weather.
Other than Slough, FC have played the fewest number of games in the 22-team Evo-Stik League Southern Division One Central on 19 – some six behind a number of teams.
And while the pile-up continues to concern Faulconbridge, he says he would much rather watch good football on good pitches.
“I’d rather have the games and the points but I’m a football man and a football manager and I want to see us playing good football on nice pitches not fighting it out on quagmires,” he said.
“If that’s what we have to do to catch up, because at the moment I’m wondering how many games we can fit in a week if this carries on, then so be it but that’s when the entertainment drops.”
FC’s match against Woodford was snowed off on Saturday and this weekend’s trip to Chalfont is also in doubt.
In player news, defender Jack Seaton has returned to the club after a spell in the US.
Seaton has spent the past 18 months playing and coaching in the USA.
The club now has its own Ptchero iPhone app which is available from the App Store now.
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Chiltern Hills Rally revs back into action with record-breaking crowds
- New mayor of Aylesbury ‘made’ at special ceremony
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Tetsworth
- Women revel in Race for Life at Waddesdon Manor
- Two Aylesbury men jailed following death of cyclist in Terrick
- Evergreen but never stuck in a rut: Alan Candy road tests the Suzuki Jimny
- Tasty meal showcases good work of Aylesbury prison following ‘negative’ TV documentary
- Man sleeps rough to draw focus on plight of homeless
- UPDATED: Aylesbury councillor apologises for ‘murderous Tories’ Twitter slur
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Aylesbury
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west