X Factor controversy: Early favourite gets the boot

Holly Brewer
Holly Brewer
1
Have your say

An X Factor hopeful who was tipped to win the show has been given the boot - despite getting four yeses from the judges.

Holly Brewer from Milton Keynes says she was “gutted” to lose her place in the competition after being told she was through to the next round.

ITV says the decision is down to a “very high standard” of talent during this year’s arena auditions.

But the show is now facing severe backlash after contestants revealed they had been “misled” by producers.

Speaking to the Mirror, Holly said: “I was absolutely delighted at the audition to get amazing feedback from the judges and four yeses, but then was really gutted to get a phone call on Saturday to say that the decision is now a no and I won’t be going through to Bootcamp.”

The 20-year-old pantomime star is also an ambassador for Milton Keynes charity Hope For Hollie and recorded a charity single to raise money to combat childhood dementia.

Founder of Hope For Hollie, Helen Carter said: “It is such a great shame she did not get through. She has been an inspiration to my little girl Hollie who now loves to sing and dance thanks to Holly.

“She has got pure talent, works really hard and I’m sure she will do amazing things in the future.”

An ITV spokesman said: “Not all successful singers have been offered a place at Bootcamp.

“All singers have been made aware of this and were told this weekend whether or not they would be going through to Bootcamp, after the judges had reviewed their auditions.”

To find out more about Hope For Hollie, visit http://hopeforhollie.co.uk/.