Woman and boy rescued from kitchen blaze

Fire crews tackle giant haystack blaze
Fire crews tackle giant haystack blaze
0
Have your say

A woman and boy have been taken to hospital after being rescued from a kitchen fire at their flat.

The blaze broke out at the flat in Queensgate, Fairford Leys, just before 2am today and two crews battled to deal with the flames.

Firefighters were quickly at the scene and had to use a ladder to get to the flat and put out the fire.

They gave first aid to the woman and boy, before they were taken to hospital as both had difficulty breathing due to smoke inhalation.

More on this when we get it.