UPDATED: Fire started by ‘cigarette’ devastates first floor of home

A fire devastated the first floor of a home in Hastoe Park, Aylesbury

A fire devastated the first floor of a home in Hastoe Park, Aylesbury

0
Have your say

A fire which ripped through the first floor of an Aylesbury home this morning (Monday) is believed to have been started by a cigarette.

Police and the fire service were called to Hastoe Park just after 10am to the blaze at an end-of-terrace home.

A fire devastated the first floor of a home in Hastoe Park, Aylesbury

A fire devastated the first floor of a home in Hastoe Park, Aylesbury

Speaking earlier in the day from the scene, watch commander Pete Skinner said: “We were called to an end-of-terrace property fire in which a man and a woman got out with minor injuries.

“It is hard to say what the cause of the fire was at this stage but it was accidental.

“There is damage to the first floor and the loft.”

Three fire crews attended and used one main jet, two hose reels, six sets of breathing apparatus, two PPV fans and a 10.5 metre ladder.

A police cordon remained in place around the property after the emergency services left.