DCSIMG

Shed safety in question after blaze damaged two homes

Firefighters want to remind residents about shed safety

Firefighters want to remind residents about shed safety

Firefighters are launching a safety campaign after a shed blaze damaged two homes and threatened another pair.

The fire broke out in Springhill Road, Grendon Underwood just after 4pm yesterday, Thursday, when a shed caught alight.

Flames quickly spread to the roofs of two semi-detached houses, either side of the shed.

But a woman in one of the four homes saw smoke drifting past her kitchen window so was able to raise the alarm.

Crews from Buckingham, Aylesbury, Bicester and Waddesdon arrived at the scene and managed to stop the fire from spreading. Nobody was injured.

The blaze is believed to have been caused by a fridge-freezer in the shed so the fire service wants to remind residents about the fire risk.

A spokesman for Bucks Fire and Rescue said: “We are going to be going back out there to do a safety campaign.

“A lot of people have appliances in sheds and we want them to think about where their sheds are positioned in relation to their homes.

“Once there is a fire in a roof, it can continue to travel but the crews worked well to minimise the damage.

“We want to give some good information to as many people as possible.”

The initiative is due to be launched this month but exact details have not been finalised.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page