This is a view of Aylesbury’s Vale Park in the 1930s.
The park was opened on 1 July 1937 by Alderman A.T. Adkins.
Before then the space was used as a cricket ground and a meeting place for the Vale of Aylesbury Cycling and Athletic Club.
A series of tennis courts can be seen in the middle.
These opened in 1929. The skyline beyond is dominated by the town’s original gas works that were situated by Railway Street.
Between there and the park was the LNWR station that ran from Aylesbury to Cheddington.
Both the gas works and railway were gone by the 1960s and a lot of redevelopment has occurred in that area since then.
Vale Park itself has undergone a few changes too.
It is smaller now since the Aqua Vale Swimming and Fitness Centre was built at the Park Street end.