Here is a building that once stood in Friarage Passage and was originally a Methodist Chapel.
It is viewed from Bourbon Street – on the right is The Friarage where Parrott & Coales solicitors are today.
The chapel was built in 1837 and later on in its life the building became home to the Ex-Services Club. In 1964, when this photograph was taken, Aylesbury was undergoing a major transformation. Schemes like the new County Offices on Walton Street and the Ring Road were already under construction.
Friars Square Shopping Centre was next on the list and amongst the buildings to be cleared for its construction was the old chapel.
The Ex-Services Club moved into new premises in Walton Street near to where their club is today.