DCSIMG

Archive: Long history of parking restrictions

Britannia Street, 1948

Britannia Street, 1948

Parking restrictions in Aylesbury town centre are nothing new, as can be seen by the police sign in the foreground of this picture taken in 1948.

It looks along Britannia Street, off the High Street.

Just along the road, on the left, was the social club for the town’s largest employer, printers and bookbinders Hazell, Watson and Viney, which was next to Marks & Spencer.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news