Man killed in early morning flat blaze

Fire & Rescue
Fire & Rescue

A man has died after his first floor flat caught fire in the early hours of this morning.

The fire started in the bedroom of the home in Ellen Road, Aylesbury and emergency services were called at 1.18am.

Three appliances and crews from Aylesbury attended, along with an officer.

Firefighters used one hose reel, four sets of breathing apparatus and a PPV fan to fight the blaze.

They rescued the man and administered CPR along with a passing doctor, but he was later pronounced dead.