A Vale police community support officer (PCSO) has been hailed the best in the county for her outstanding work.
Wing-based officer Jackie Dodson said she was ‘totally shocked’ to be named Bucks’ PCSO of the year in the Community Policing Awards 2012.
Ms Dodson, 55, said the award came ‘out of blue’ after she returned home from holiday to be told of her success.
She has worked in the role since 2006 after being encouraged to take it up by her son, who works as a police officer, and says she absolutely loves the job.
Ms Dodson said: “I enjoy being out and about in communities and being able to help people.”
Her duties include welfare visits to elderly people and dealing with neighbourhood disputes. Before joining the force she was a care worker for 20 years.
She says the little issues are often the most important to people. Ms Dodson said: “Low level things really do upset people, even something like a parking issue.”
The awards recognise the efforts of Thames Valley Police’s neighbourhood policing teams.
Ms Dodson said: “I would like to say a huge thank you to all the people that nominated me. I am sure there were equally a lot more deserving people nominated for this, so to be chosen overall is absolutely wonderful.”
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Chiltern Hills Rally revs back into action with record-breaking crowds
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Tetsworth
- Women revel in Race for Life at Waddesdon Manor
- New mayor of Aylesbury ‘made’ at special ceremony
- Two Aylesbury men jailed following death of cyclist in Terrick
- Evergreen but never stuck in a rut: Alan Candy road tests the Suzuki Jimny
- Tasty meal showcases good work of Aylesbury prison following ‘negative’ TV documentary
- Man sleeps rough to draw focus on plight of homeless
- UPDATED: Aylesbury councillor apologises for ‘murderous Tories’ Twitter slur
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Aylesbury
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west