An X Factor contestant has finally accepted he is not the ‘greatest singer in the universe’ after failing the television show’s auditions for the third time.
Morrisons sales assistant Ashwin Abinashi got booted out again on Saturday night’s show after performing Cheryl Cole’s Fight For This Love.
Judge Gary Barlow told him he was awful, and although on screen Ashwin argued that he ‘wasn’t that bad’, he now accepts he’s not as good as he once thought.
Ashwin, 27, who works part time at the Aylesbury store, said: “I have a lot of respect for all the judges on the panel this year and they helped me feel better. There were no insults.
“I was a bit delusional in 2008 to say I was the greatest singer of all time.”
During that first audition Ashwin sang King of the Road and lost his temper after hearing judge Simon Cowell’s comments.
“This time I kept my temper and proved I am not a bad person,” said Ashwin.
After his first appearance on the show he returned in 2009 and sang Spirit in the Sky.
This year he travelled to Liverpool especially for the auditions as he was busy during the London dates.
He admitted: “I was nervous but I tried to clear my mind of negative thoughts. There were about 3,000 people in the audience and it was one of the scariest things I’ve ever done in my life. The panel of judges was fairly new, only Louis recognised me. I didn’t feel insulted this time.”
After the failed audition Ashwin was interviewed by Caroline Flack for Xtra Factor.
He said: “She is a very nice, open and honest person.”
Ashwin, who lives in Amersham, says he is highly unlikely to audition on the show again.
“I am a dedicated X Factor fan, I have been watching it since the second season back in 2005. But there are other ways to achieve things.
“Singing is aboutbeing a good entertainer and I will continue it as a hobby and hope that someone may see my potential.”
Ashwin has started to attend open mic karaoke nights with a live band in London.
He said: “It’s a bit of fun. I still think I can be a decent entertainer because I brought a smile to a lot of people’s faces, and it’s important to be liked.”
Morrisons manager Gary Hunt said: “Ashwin is a regualr guy and quite shy really. He didn’t tell us he was appearing, but a lot of us saw the show and the whole store is talking about his appearance.”
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Chiltern Hills Rally revs back into action with record-breaking crowds
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Tetsworth
- Women revel in Race for Life at Waddesdon Manor
- New mayor of Aylesbury ‘made’ at special ceremony
- Two Aylesbury men jailed following death of cyclist in Terrick
- Evergreen but never stuck in a rut: Alan Candy road tests the Suzuki Jimny
- Tasty meal showcases good work of Aylesbury prison following ‘negative’ TV documentary
- Man sleeps rough to draw focus on plight of homeless
- UPDATED: Aylesbury councillor apologises for ‘murderous Tories’ Twitter slur
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Aylesbury
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west