Stoke Mandeville Hospital is facing legal action from women who were allegedly sexually abused by Jimmy Savile.
Personal injury lawyer Liz Dux has been contacted by several women who wish to sue for the psychological damage caused by the late TV star.
The lawsuit ramps up the pressure on the hospital which is currently assisting the Metropolitan police with its inquiries.
The lawyer is preparing cases against both the hospital and the BBC. She told BBC Radio 4: “He may not have been paid by the hospital but he’s there as their agent, then they owe a duty of care to those he abused.”
She added the duty of care towards patients would be ‘heightened’ if managers had suspicions at the time about Savile.
Bucks Healthcare NHS Trust said in a statement it had no record of any complaints and would have taken decisive action if anything had been raised.
Ms Dux said compensation could range from a few thousand pounds for minor assaults to hundreds of thousands for those who may have had their lives wrecked by the abuse.
The lawyer has previously won cases for sexual abuse and assault at St Paul’s Cathedral Choir school.
There are a growing number of claims Savile groped children at the hospital. Already five women and one man have reported abuse by Savile.
There are also claims the late DJ took patients into his dressing room at the BBC after inviting them to watch Jim’ll Fix It.
- Revealed: Map showing flightpaths if new airport is built in Vale
- Aylesbury man charged with trying to incite child under 16 into sexual activity
- ‘I’m not prepared to do this job and drive 600 miles a week’: Police chief defends expenses and ‘chauffeur’
- Pub makeover (combined with a subtle name change) aims to repair reputation
- ‘She will be greatly missed’: Family’s tribute to grandmother killed in car crash
- UPDATED: Aylesbury councillor apologises for ‘murderous Tories’ Twitter slur
- Serial vandals burn memorial seating by Aylesbury canal
- Mistreated dog found nearly twice healthy weight is put to sleep
- Evergreen but never stuck in a rut: Alan Candy road tests the Suzuki Jimny
- Two Aylesbury men jailed following death of cyclist in Terrick
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Aylesbury
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 11 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North