Roadworks to install anti-skid surfacing near Aylesbury’s Stoke Road Bridge will continue next weekend.
A section of road either side will be closed to traffic from 9am next Saturday (October 27) for a maximum of two days.
A spokesman for Transport For Bucks, which is carrying out the works, said: “To enable the central strip works to be carried out safely, a section of Old Stoke Road and Stoke Road will be closed to traffic.
“The road will be blocked on either side of the bridge and closed to through traffic for a maximum of two days.
“Temporary traffic diversions using alternative routes will be in operation while the road is closed.
“Vehicle access for residents and businesses will still be possible up to the limits of the site, but not across the bridge.
“Pedestrian access across the footbridge will be maintained.
“This anti-skid surfacing work is highly weather dependent and it is envisaged that the road will reopen as soon as practicable but not later than midnight on Sunday 28.
“Transport For Bucks will also take advantage of the road closure to carry out other highway maintenance works where possible. Every effort will be made to carry out the works with minimum disturbance.
“Advance information signs will be erected near the bridge and the existing variable message signs will be used to give motorists advance warning coming into the town.
“All residents affected will receive notification.”
For more details visit the Transport for Buckinghamshire information site
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Chiltern Hills Rally revs back into action with record-breaking crowds
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Tetsworth
- New mayor of Aylesbury ‘made’ at special ceremony
- Women revel in Race for Life at Waddesdon Manor
- Two Aylesbury men jailed following death of cyclist in Terrick
- Evergreen but never stuck in a rut: Alan Candy road tests the Suzuki Jimny
- Tasty meal showcases good work of Aylesbury prison following ‘negative’ TV documentary
- Man sleeps rough to draw focus on plight of homeless
- UPDATED: Aylesbury councillor apologises for ‘murderous Tories’ Twitter slur
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Aylesbury
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west