A campaign to recruit more than 60 foster carers in Bucks by 2013 has been launched.
My Best Days tells the stories of some of the 390 youngsters currently in Bucks County Council’s care and how they can’t do many of the things other children take for granted.
It was launched on Wednesday (26/09) at the County Museum in Aylesbury by Valerie Letheren, the council’s cabinet member for children’s services.
She said: “It’s a sad fact that many children through no fault of their own cannot live with their families, either in the short term or pemanently.
“Local foster carers are critical to the welfare of Buckinghamshire’s most vulnerable children and young people, as it enables them to stay close to their communities so they can maintain vital links with family and friends and remain in school.
“We are desperately in need of new foster parents including ones that can take on sibling sets so they don’t have to be separated. Foster parents can come from a variety of backgrounds. They can be single, married, divorced, widowed or even extended family.
“As well as training, all our carers receive high level support and guidance. I urge anyone interested to get in touch with us.”
Anyone interested in fostering can call 0800 1601 900, email email@example.com or log onto www.buckscc.gov.uk/fostering.
- Chiltern Hills Rally revs back into action with record-breaking crowds
- Women revel in Race for Life at Waddesdon Manor
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Tetsworth
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Boyce bows out of Premier League with a goal
- Two Aylesbury men jailed following death of cyclist in Terrick
- Evergreen but never stuck in a rut: Alan Candy road tests the Suzuki Jimny
- Tasty meal showcases good work of Aylesbury prison following ‘negative’ TV documentary
- Man sleeps rough to draw focus on plight of homeless
- Serial vandals burn memorial seating by Aylesbury canal
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Aylesbury
Monday 20 May 2013
Temperature: 11 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North