Enjoying an evening at the Waterside Theatre if you live in Haddenham or going clubbing in Oxford if you live in Aylesbury has got a whole lot easier after bus operating times were extended.
From next week, the last Friday and Saturday evening journeys on Line 280 between Aylesbury and Oxford, will leave Aylesbury at 11.55pm and Oxford at 2.15am.
The later buses, which also serve Stone, Haddenham and Thame, provide an extended travel choice for weekend nights out to the theatre, bars or clubs in Oxford and Aylesbury.
A 50% discount on selected tickets for Goodnight Mister Tom on Friday, March 29 and Saturday, March 30 will be available to Line 280 passengers who quote a special code on posters displayed on the bus when booking tickets.
Peter Hardy, Bucks County Council cabinet member for transport, said: “This service has already been a huge success with on average over 17,000 passenger journeys per week, and it’s great news that Arriva are extending the evening service further to make this even more attractive to passengers.”
Paul Adcock, regional director for Arriva Buses said: “Line 280 is a very important service that provides a great link from Aylesbury through Thame and into Oxford.
“These additional journeys and improvements to the timetable meet the demands of our current customers and offer a more attractive service to potential users, especially those who want a great night out without the hassle of driving and parking.”
In addition to the 50% discount on selected tickets for Goodnight Mister Tom, one lucky couple can win a night out courtesy of Arriva and Aylesbury Waterside Theatre with a pair of tickets for the Saturday performance of Goodnight Mister Tom, a free ice cream, programme and bus travel.
Listen to the drive-time programme, 4pm to 7pm, on Mix 96 tonight (Friday, February 22) to find out how.
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Chiltern Hills Rally revs back into action with record-breaking crowds
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Tetsworth
- Women revel in Race for Life at Waddesdon Manor
- New mayor of Aylesbury ‘made’ at special ceremony
- Two Aylesbury men jailed following death of cyclist in Terrick
- Evergreen but never stuck in a rut: Alan Candy road tests the Suzuki Jimny
- Tasty meal showcases good work of Aylesbury prison following ‘negative’ TV documentary
- Man sleeps rough to draw focus on plight of homeless
- UPDATED: Aylesbury councillor apologises for ‘murderous Tories’ Twitter slur
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Aylesbury
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North west