The first new school in Bucks this century will be opening its door to students on Monday.
Buckingham Park CofE School will be at the heart of the community, created by new housing development Buckingham Park.
On Thursday and Friday of this week, the 90 students and their parents were invited into the school for a two-hour induction period, in which they got to know the teachers and the building.
These 90 children will form three classes – a reception class for four year olds, and a joint year one and two class for five and six- year olds.
Headteacher Nick Waldron, who will also be teaching at the school, said he is looking forward to staff finally getting on to what they ‘are good at’, after a long period of planning.
“This school was first dreamt up about six years ago, and I’ve been on board since April,” said Mr Waldron.
“Now we can finally concentrate on teaching children.”
From Monday, there will be three teachers working at the school, with the aid of three classroom assistants.
There will also be a school business manager, a caretakers and a kitchen assistant, as the school will be serving hot meals.
Mr Waldron added that the school will also be taking applications for its new nursery from January.
- Revealed: Map showing flightpaths if new airport is built in Vale
- Aylesbury man charged with trying to incite child under 16 into sexual activity
- ‘I’m not prepared to do this job and drive 600 miles a week’: Police chief defends expenses and ‘chauffeur’
- Pub makeover (combined with a subtle name change) aims to repair reputation
- ‘She will be greatly missed’: Family’s tribute to grandmother killed in car crash
- UPDATED: Aylesbury councillor apologises for ‘murderous Tories’ Twitter slur
- Serial vandals burn memorial seating by Aylesbury canal
- Mistreated dog found nearly twice healthy weight is put to sleep
- Evergreen but never stuck in a rut: Alan Candy road tests the Suzuki Jimny
- Two Aylesbury men jailed following death of cyclist in Terrick
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Aylesbury
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 10 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North