A restaurant could return to the former Cloisters area in Friars Square Shopping Centre.
Plans put forward to Aylesbury Vale District Council involve a ‘change of use’ application, requesting that part of the Cloisters be used for food and drink.
The Cloisters homed a popular cafe before the area shut to make way for the H&M building works.
Friars Square’s planning agents, Grosvenor, also wants to build apartments above the shopping centre and put new retail units in the central concourse.
Planning permission was previously granted for a two-level pavilion in the central concourse measuring 21,527 sq ft. However, the recently submitted application is for a smaller, one level pavilion of one large unit of 5,220 sq ft and six smaller units totalling 2,647 sq ft.
Should planning permission be granted, it is expected that more than £1 million will be invested in creating the new structure, works for which will begin in 2013.
Fifty new apartments, complete with five ‘striking’ penthouses, with ‘exceptional views of the countryside’ would be built above the shopping centre.
Director of Leybourne Homes, Russell Legg, said: “Located within immediate access to town centre attractions including the shops and theatre, the bus and train stations are only a few minutes’ walk away.”
- Chiltern Hills Rally revs back into action with record-breaking crowds
- Women revel in Race for Life at Waddesdon Manor
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Tetsworth
- Boyce bows out of Premier League with a goal
- Sculptor’s naked fat lady riding a 19ft dinosaur set to turn heads at Chelsea Garden Show
- Two Aylesbury men jailed following death of cyclist in Terrick
- Evergreen but never stuck in a rut: Alan Candy road tests the Suzuki Jimny
- Tasty meal showcases good work of Aylesbury prison following ‘negative’ TV documentary
- Man sleeps rough to draw focus on plight of homeless
- Serial vandals burn memorial seating by Aylesbury canal
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Aylesbury
Monday 20 May 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North