Aylesbury’s double Olympic gold medallist Andrew Triggs Hodge joined stars including England football legend Ian Wright and commentator Jim Rosenthal at the ninth annual Iain Rennie celebrity sports dinner at Pendley Manor.
The panel of famous sporting personalities gave up their time for free and entertained guests by sharing stories and answering questions at the event, which raised more than £27,000 for the hospice charity.
Hodge was part of the team that successfully defended Great Britain’s coxless four Olympic title in both the Beijing 2008 and London 2012 Games.
Hodge’s offer of a photo with his Olympic gold medal raised an impressive £260.
Other famous faces at the dinner included Paralympian wheelchair basketball player Louise Sugden, managing director of the England and Wales Cricket Board Hugh Morris and referee Mark Halsey.
Event organiser and charity treasurer Chris Langford, said: “Thanks to the generosity of our panellists, guests, supporters and sponsors, this year’s celebrity sports dinner has raised more money than ever before.”
- Revealed: Map showing flightpaths if new airport is built in Vale
- Aylesbury man charged with trying to incite child under 16 into sexual activity
- ‘I’m not prepared to do this job and drive 600 miles a week’: Police chief defends expenses and ‘chauffeur’
- Pub makeover (combined with a subtle name change) aims to repair reputation
- ‘She will be greatly missed’: Family’s tribute to grandmother killed in car crash
- UPDATED: Aylesbury councillor apologises for ‘murderous Tories’ Twitter slur
- Serial vandals burn memorial seating by Aylesbury canal
- Mistreated dog found nearly twice healthy weight is put to sleep
- Evergreen but never stuck in a rut: Alan Candy road tests the Suzuki Jimny
- Two Aylesbury men jailed following death of cyclist in Terrick
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Aylesbury
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 10 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North