A long-running Aylesbury car dealership faces extinction if it cannot find a new home.
Country Cars is based on land that is part of the former TRW site in Buckingham Road, an area where the building of 73 homes has been proposed.
Based at the site for 11 years and in the town for 26, the specialist dealer has been given three months notice to leave and is desperately searching for a new home.
Gary Band, who runs the business which employs five people, said: “We have not got anywhere else to go. We will fold if we can’t find somewhere, there’s nothing else we can do.”
It is the second time the firm has been forced to move because of development. It moved to Buckingham Road after plans were unveiled for building work in Park Street.
Mr Band is in discussion with Brown and Lee Clifford Billings to try and find a new home.
- Revealed: Map showing flightpaths if new airport is built in Vale
- Aylesbury man charged with trying to incite child under 16 into sexual activity
- ‘I’m not prepared to do this job and drive 600 miles a week’: Police chief defends expenses and ‘chauffeur’
- Pub makeover (combined with a subtle name change) aims to repair reputation
- ‘She will be greatly missed’: Family’s tribute to grandmother killed in car crash
- UPDATED: Aylesbury councillor apologises for ‘murderous Tories’ Twitter slur
- Serial vandals burn memorial seating by Aylesbury canal
- Mistreated dog found nearly twice healthy weight is put to sleep
- Evergreen but never stuck in a rut: Alan Candy road tests the Suzuki Jimny
- Two Aylesbury men jailed following death of cyclist in Terrick
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Aylesbury
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 10 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North