Kitchen blaze after cardboard boxes catch fire on hob

Firefighters were called to the farm near Epwell at about 8.40am today (Thursday).
Firefighters were called to the farm near Epwell at about 8.40am today (Thursday).
0
Have your say

Firefighters gave a woman oxygen after a kitchen fire in Aylesbury yesterday (Monday).

Two crews from Aylesbury were called to a home in Northfield Road, just before 2.30pm.

A fire service spokesman said: “The fire was caused by combustible items, believed to be small cardboard boxes, which had temporarily been placed on the electric hob.

“The occupants were alerted by a smoke alarm.

“It is not known how the hob came to be turned on.

“It’s possible that the “on” switch was accidentally knocked when the items were placed on the hob.

“We are pleased that the homeowners had a working smoke alarm, which meant the fire was detected quickly, reducing the amount of damage and the risk of serious injury.”