Old photographs of shopfronts are always of great interest as they show how designs and products have changed over the years.
This particular view is of Walton Stores on Wendover Road in about 1912.
The owner, William Baskin is stood in the doorway.
As well as being a grocers’ Walton Stores was also the local post office.
Inserted into the angled window on the right is the letterbox.
Baskin was only there for a few years and after a succession of different owners, in the 1940s the post office had moved to larger premises nextdoor at 5 Wendover Road where it remained for the next 30 years or so.
In recent years the shops along this stretch of Wendover Road have been closing and the buildings are slowly being converted back into private houses.
That is what has happened to the old post office and stores recently, and it now looks completely different to how it used to.