On 15 May 1926 HRH Princess Mary visited Aylesbury to open the new Girl Guides Hall in Beaconsfield Road.
The Princess arrived at the Town Hall where the area was filled with cheering crowds.
After various addresses in the Town Hall the procession through the town took them down the High Street to Queen’s Park and up to the entrance to the new hall.
A great ceremony was held at the hall, and afterwards in Walton Road (pictured here) there was a grand march-past of all the many companies of Girl Guides.
Her Royal Highness took the salute together with Mrs F T Higgins Bernard, the County Commissioner, as the girls filed by to the music of the Territorial Band.